What kinds of organizations do you work with? I work with all types of health care organizations. I have spoken for local and national associations, hospitals, health systems, and allied health groups. I have provided consultation services for entire hospitals as well as individual units.
What type of coaching do you do?
I coach individuals at all levels in an organization around professional development, leadership skills, career choices and communication.
The coaching is not limited to healthcare. I work with teams as wells as one on one coaching settings.
Do you offer consulting services? Yes. Consulting services include:
- Team assessments
- Team development
- Leadership development
- Assessment of a healthy work environment and group work to build on identified strengths and areas of opportunity
- Shared governance
- Increasing staff engagement
- Clinical Program assessments
What topics do you speak about?
- Leadership development
- Self Care
- Creating Healthy Work Environments
- Using your bold voice
- Certified Nurse Manager Leader Test Preparation
- Patient Safety
- Human Resource Management
- Communication and Collaboration
- Conflict Management and Resolution
Do you ever do Key Note Presentations?
Absolutely! Sharing stories, inspiring new thoughts and visions – this is what I love to do the most!
How long are your presentations?
Most of my presentations are around 75 minutes in length. I can customize the length to meet the needs of the organization or setting. Workshop requests are usually 3-4 hours in length with a planned presentation, followed by a working session.
Why should we choose you to speak for our group? I am a nationally respected speaker with over twenty-years experience presenting to audiences from 20 to over 500 attendees. People find my presentations to be very engaging and return each conference for more practical and innovative ways to deal with every day situations. See my testimonials to get an idea of participants’ comments.
How much do you charge? Here’s how it works: You decide how long you would like the presentation to be, or how many presentations you would like to have during one day. You might want to offer a presentation several times during a day, so that as many people as possible are able to attend. You are welcome to open the session to people outside your organization and you may charge for them to attend without effecting my rate.
My fee depends on how many hours of speaking you select:
- 5 – 8 hours – $10,000 Includes travel*
- 3 to 4 hours – $8,000 Includes travel*
- 2 hours – $7,000 Includes travel*
- 1-hour presentation – $6,000 Includes travel*
If the program is held within 100 miles of Colchester, Connecticut, $1000 is deducted from the fee.
My fee for the CNML Preparation course
This is a two-day course. I provide a comprehensive study outline and include sample questions. I include one on one coaching for individuals who need extra work to prepare for the test. This coaching consists of a thirty-minute phone call to discuss the material. Additional coaching can be arranged with individuals at $75 hour for attendees if requested. The cost for this two-day course is $12,000 Includes travel*.
*Travel costs include airfare, mileage, meals and incidentals. Hotel cost in NOT included in the fee above.
- “We would like you to give a one-hour keynote for Nurses’ Week breakfast and another one at dinner, later that day.” The cost for this request would be based on 2 hours of speaking and would run $7000.
- “We would like you to come and present on a 1hour topic and repeat it 3 additional times.” That is a total of 4 hours presentation time and the cost would be $8,000.
- “We would like you to come and do a 1-hour presentation on Healthy Work Environments and then conduct a working session with the staff for 3 hours.” This request would require 4 hours and would cost $8,000.
- “We would like you to come and conduct an all day retreat for our nursing leadership team.” This would be a request for 8 hours and would cost $10,000.
*The fee includes program development, delivery, and all travel expenses except hotel lodging. There are no additional charges for airfare, mileage, rental car, tolls, or meals.
How can I negotiate a lower fee? You can save money by having me present more than one program on the same day. You might consider requesting sponsorship as a way of reducing expenses for your meeting. I can provide you with a sample letter requesting sponsorship.
Is there a charge for travel time to and from the meeting? There is no charge for my travel time.
How are expenses handled? Everything except a hotel room is included in the fee. There is no additional charge for airfare, mileage, tolls, car rental, meals, etc.
Do you provide learning materials or handouts? Yes, a learning guide is prepared to best meet the needs of your group. This maybe a print out of the presentation or it may include an outline and tools. The guide varies from two to 60 pages in length, depending on the length of the program and the type of event. You will receive a master copy of the guide for duplication in advance of the seminar. There is no charge for the master.
Is it permissible to video or audio tape your presentations? Depending on the topic and the venue, I will grant permission. You will need to contact me in advance to make sure that permission will be granted for your particular presentation.
Do you provide media materials for promotion of our event? Yes. Click on the link below and it will take you to a page with a variety of materials which you can download and reproduce to help with promotion of your event.
What are your AV and set-up requirements?
- Wireless lapel microphone (less than 50 people and I do not require a microphone)
- LCD projector and cable.
- I bring my own laptop which is a Mac, and I have the connection cable required for Apple products. I also provide my own laser pointer and slide advancement remote.
- Projection Screen
- Small table to safely place my laptop
- Drinking water
- For Workshops, I request a flipchart and markers
Suggested room set-up:
If you would like the program to be highly interactive, participants are most comfortable when they are seated at tables. If your meeting is a banquet, it is helpful to pre-set the salad and dessert. Clearing and setting courses can delay your schedule and be distracting for your guests if the presentation is taking place while they are eating. If we are conducting a workshop and a meal will be served at the end, I ask that the food be set up in a separate room or following the conclusion of the workshop.
Can you send a biography and introduction? These materials are available on the media page. Click the link below.
How do I get more information on your programs? You can contact me using e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call me at 860-537-7765. I live in the east coast time zone and take calls from 8 am to 8pm. If I am not available, please leave a message with your name, phone number and best time to call back. I return all calls within 24 hours or less.
We have paperwork which needs to be filled out for continuing education credits in advance of the presentation. How do we handle this? I will complete all paperwork providing you send an electronic file with the appropriate form and I am provided at least 2 weeks turn around time.
We want you to come and speak at our organization. What do we do next? Call me at 860-537-7765 or send me an email to get your event date on my calendar. To finalize the agreement, two things are needed:
- A signed agreement
- A 50% deposit to confirm the date.